I have tried to combat my perpetual sleepiness in the morning with a kick-start routine! So here's what a typical weekend morning looks like for me!
* * *
9:00 am
My alarm goes off, I (of course) hit snooze and sleep for another 15 minutes.
9:15
I head downstairs and always grab a cup of ice water, I am an ice cruncher. I love it and if you see me with a cup, it usually just has ice in it (my dentist hates it!) this is currently my favorite water bottle, it keeps things cold for 22 hrs and hot for 24 hrs! It's perfect for working out, especially when i'm outside.
After I have some water, I find that it helps wake me up better than coffee in the mornings, I try to grab some breakfast. I am not a huge breakfast fan, but I have recently starting taking a new medication and I have to eat before taking it, so I am slowly becoming a breakfast person! I usually have some toast or a waffle, I hate eggs and although I know the protein is good for me I just can't stand them! So I usually just end up having some tea, i'm loving green tea right now and earl grey as well.
After I have some water, I find that it helps wake me up better than coffee in the mornings, I try to grab some breakfast. I am not a huge breakfast fan, but I have recently starting taking a new medication and I have to eat before taking it, so I am slowly becoming a breakfast person! I usually have some toast or a waffle, I hate eggs and although I know the protein is good for me I just can't stand them! So I usually just end up having some tea, i'm loving green tea right now and earl grey as well.
9:30
I love curling up on my couch with my breakfast and a show, I am currently watching Making of a Murderer. What are ya'll watching now? I also use this time to plan out my day, I use the Lilly Pulitzer planner, it's perfect for school, blogging and all of my activities for the week.
10:15
Around this time I head back upstairs to my bathroom and start to get ready for the day. I'll put on a little moisturizer, i'm currently using Jergens original scent because any other fragrances tend to make my skin drier. I have pretty naturally clear skin so I don't wear foundation, just a little concealer under my eyes to brighten my face. I use the elf concealer stick from target, it's cheap and really great quality for a low maintenance gal like myself. Then i'll put on some mascara and my face is ready to go!
10:30
This is my favorite part! Picking out my outfit sets the tone for my whole day, I try to think about where i'm going and base my outfit off of that. I usually lay out my clothes on my bed until I find an outfit that I like. I typically don't plan outfits ahead of time unless i'm going somewhere important that day.
I would love to hear how ya'll get ready in the mornings, do you have a favorite breakfast or something that helps you wake up in the morning? Let me know in the comments!

I am not really a TV person. I am a Netflix binger. But, right I am watching Z-Nation to passify my need for The Walking Dead to come back on TV because it's the only show I catch on regular television. All my other watchingsof TV are seasons old without commercials. Thank you Netflix!!!
ReplyDeleteI am not really a TV person. I am a Netflix binger. But, right I am watching Z-Nation to passify my need for The Walking Dead to come back on TV because it's the only show I catch on regular television. All my other watchingsof TV are seasons old without commercials. Thank you Netflix!!!
ReplyDeleteWe have very similar routines! I like cuddling up to Friends and a warm cup of cocoa!
ReplyDeleteMikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.